It’s spring! That beautiful time of the year when the flowers bloom, lambs are born, the clocks go forward, and everyone seems to get a bit more of a spring in their step (literally!).
As this is such a lively and lovely time of the year (with the exception of April Fool’s Day, perhaps), why not reflect this in your home? The dark days of winter are over, and the brighter, lighter days are ahead – the perfect time to embrace some spring freshness in the home.
So with this in mind, here are 22 ideas that will get your home looking funky fresh this spring:
- Flowers, flowers and flowers. Whether they’re daffodils, tulips, primroses or magnolia, flowers are the perfect symbol of spring in the home.
- Get rid of those dreary corners, dirty and dusty floors and let the spring clean commence! (note: bright pink rubber gloves and loud music are not compulsory, but definitely advisable).
- Get inspired with some new home interior magazines, or pinning some new spring-themed boards on Pinterest!
- Replace thick rugs, curtains and jumpers with thinner, lighter fabrics such as cotton.
- Make rooms feel more spacious by removing clutter.
- Bring some order to your closet – don’t be afraid to get rid of those clothes you haven’t worn in a while, or move those winter wears up to the attic!
- Mix things up with some new brightly colored cushions.
- Invest in some new home accessories that follow spring trends e.g. pastels or metallic, or have a look at our 2017 trends for the home for more inspiration!
- If you haven’t already cleaned the windows to let in more light, do this, and try hanging a new mirror. These will reflect natural light and so give the illusion of a bigger, brighter space.
- Clear windowsill? Try growing some herbs in your kitchen and give your cooking some extra freshness.
- Get rid of that winter duvet and bring in some lighter, fresh sheets!
- Add some new fun wall art or painting, either purchased or homemade (it’s especially fun painting with kids!).
- Does your bathroom need a deep clean? Or kitchen cupboards need a sort out? Make a list of certain areas in the house that need some TLC.
- De-clutter and rearrange your accessories to put new items in the spotlight. This can create fresh and interesting combinations of things you already own.
- Or create some new accessories all together! For example, why not try out some DIY to make a cool centerpiece for your table just in time for Easter.
- Don’t forget about the outside and get those flower beds under control and decking and furniture cleaned. You’ll be wanting to use your garden a lot more now the weather is getting warmer!
- Decorate your front door/porch with some primroses to make a happy entrance to your home.
- Sweep away dirt and dead leaves that have accumulated in your driveway.
- Feeling like the kids have too many toys after Christmas? Sort out new storage such as a wicker basket to go in the corner, that’ll remove mess and look great too
- Try and use a bit of yellow whilst decorating the house, even if it’s just some yellow cushions, flowers, or table cloth- it’s the perfect spring color!
- Rejuvenate a room with a lick of fresh paint, or beautiful new wallpaper.
- Look back on some past travels and take some influences from your holidays. Try displaying some of those overseas trinkets or framed holiday snaps you’ve gathered, and start thinking about your next 2017 adventure! (Summer is just around the corner, after all!)
Follow these quick and simple ideas and feel the freshness of spring stay with you, both inside and outside the house. Otherwise, if you loved these tips or have suggestions of your own, do let us know on Twitter or Facebook!